Sonntag, 10. März 2013



Kiddo got a new chest of drawers from his grandma.
One day last week I got home from work and found kiddo on the floor in his room unpacking the contents of numerous boxes.

Kiddo: Do you see this? I mean, do you see all these pieces? This is just for a small chest of drawers. What do you think would happen if we actually bought a bed? Can you imagine the number of pieces then? And this was heavy ! I mean heavy ! And just for a chest of drawers.
Me: You act like we never bought stuff from IKEA before. Not too long ago you helped me put our dining room set together. Now THAT were a lot of pieces!
Kiddo: Yeah, but this is just a chest of drawers.

He keeps on unpacking and unwrapping.
About an hour or so later I walk in, just checking.

Me: Are you making progress?
Kiddo: Yes.

Me just standing there for another 3 min watching him read the instructions and putting pieces together. Oh, and this time he didn’t get angry at the instruction like he did when it came to the mufins ;-)

Kiddo: What?
Me: Nothing.
Kiddo: You make me nervous.
Me (turning to leave): Ok, holler if you need help.

About 10 min later.

Kiddo: I need your expertise
Me (wondering if this kid will ever speak like a normal teenager): Sure.
Kiddo: I can’t assemble the drawers. I mean I put all the pieces together but now it needs to be fixed from the outside with these really strange plastic screws that you need to jam in with a hammer. I mean, what is this? Screws that you need to put into place with a HAMMER ?
Anyway, I have no clue how to get them in there. You can’t see the hole of the board on the inside, how do I know how to align them?
Me: With a lot of patience and a tender touch *grin*. You just have to feel your way through it.
Kiddo (looking rather puzzled): Uhu.

We assembled the drawer in a jiffy.

Kiddo: Only a woman can do this.

(Me cracking up on the inside, but not saying a word.)




Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen