Samstag, 2. Februar 2013

I took kiddo out to dinner tonite.
Just so.

Aaaaaaand to talk about the report card that he got last Wednesday.

All went well, we basically agreed and he has made up his own solution plan to get out of the rut in two subjects. Me pleased :-)

Now, English is not one of the subjects that need special attention.
Yet it bugs me that he only got a C ( 3 in Germany) and I had my say about that.

I lost the battle a few years back about English being the common language at home - we mostly speak German.
And I gave up forcing the language upon him. Doesn't make sense anyway to force something.

We got home after dinner.
I went to the sofa to read a book, he turned on his PC.

After a while I went to the bathroom.
Beats me to this day and will puzzle me to the end of my days why kids "need" to talk to you while your behind is glued to the toilet seat !!
(Ok, we can't "escape" .... I got that part..... )

So he made himself comfortable on the bathtub rim and started yapping.

In ENGLISH !!!!!

From athlete's foot (yes, you read right !!!) to his teachers to the weather to food to my better half to my students to  my upcoming birthday to .................. he just about covered everything. In English !!!!

Me: Jeeeeez, you are aware of the fact that you sound like Arnold Schwarzenegger, right?
Kiddo: Doesn't matter. As long as people understand me, who cares?

That is _exactly_ what I tell my students.

But don't you just hate it when your kid starts using your material on YOU ?????




Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen