Mittwoch, 20. Februar 2013

Tuesday evening. Me getting ready to go out. In the bathroom "powdering my nose". Kiddo strolls in. (Again - what is it with kids cornering you in the bathroom ??!!!) Kiddo sits down on the toilet seat. Watches me applying make-up. Starts a lecture:
Do you actually know what all that stuff you put on your face ... I mean all the creams and oils and make-up and stuff do to the environment? It all goes into the water ! (and goes on and on)
(Remind me that I like a critical kid that watches the news, please !!!)
Oh, you missed a spot there. (pointing to a not yet perfect eye-shadow application).
Me: (silent)
Kiddo: You ought to fix that. Doesn't look good yet.
Me: (silent, fixing it, then applying mascara)
Kiddo: Why do you do that anyway?
Me: I like to look representable when I meet people.
Kiddo: You look good.
Me: (silent. But all smiles)
Kiddo: Hmmm, how about red nail polish ? That really looks good.
Me: Nah, don't feel like it tonite.
Kiddo: But it really looks good.
Me: Thank you, sweetz.
Kiddo: True. Have fun. Love ya.

Now. Guess that is the teenage version of a 5-yr-old wanting to marry his mother. Just with a critical mind, critical eye and some "environmental" thoughts ;-)

Gotta love him.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen